What SUSS Looks for
At Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), we believe that education involves the holistic development of the individual and recognise that talent is not restricted to academic performance. Our full-time programmes cater for each individual's growth and also create the opportunity for each to make an impact in society. More importantly, we look for individuals who want to play a part in creating a dynamic university environment.
Applicants should possess the following traits:
- Commitment: passion and determination in any endeavour
- Consciousness: mindful introspection; awareness of social issues; ability to engage in new forms of learning and practical forms of evaluation
- Cognition: ability to cope with rigorous curricula; agility in assessing complex situations; and clarity in constructing arguments
- Creativity: ability to express unique and original ideas, to synthesise interdisciplinary perspectives, and to focus creative energies into constructive opinions and actions
- Communication: ability to express ideas clearly and with civility in an unstructured and unfamiliar environment
Above all, we look for students who are aligned with our educational philosophy of Head, Heart and Habit.
• Singaporeans and Permanent Residents only with the following education backgrounds,
|GCE A Levels||
|Local Polytechnic Diploma||
|International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma||
|NUS High School||
^ For SAT, we require a minimum score of 1900 (before May 2016) or 1260 (From May 2016)
# For ACT, we require a total score of 28 and a Writing Score of 24 (before Sept 2016) or 8 (From Sept 2016)
|GCE O Level English||
You need to meet the following mother tongue (MTL) requirement:
|GCE A Levels / NUS High School Diploma||International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma|
If you have been exempted from MTL, the MOE-approved subject-in-lieu will be considered as your MTL subject.
For those who are exempted from MTL requirement, please submit your MTL exemption letter issued by MOE to the Full-time Admissions office no later than 30 June in the year of admissions.
Applicants who have not satisfy the requirement above may be admitted on a provisional basis and will be required to attain the MTL within the period of their University study before being permitted to graduate from the University.
Male applicants will have their place reserved (up to two years), if they are successful in their application.
SUSS has limited places for international students. SUSS does not provide hostels for international students.